Thursday, September 22, 2005
Today was a good day
Actually, not a bad week except for the consecutive all-nighters I pulled for my Psych report. This brain is not made for science, people. I'm still not 100% I understood what the experiment was meant to be about.Buut...highlights from this week:
-On the train, read this guy's journal over his shoulder. It was all "I feel all alone, I can't deal with this shit". Blogging meets real life! I wanted to hug him, but of course didn't
-Slept on the grass today after reading poetry. That is the life.
-Learnt a bit about scansion, so have been scanning shop signs and newspaper headlines. Prolly all wrong, but it's fun. Newtown Station is trochee trochee.
-Had 85% Lindt chocolate. Yum.
-Freaking aced my French Pop Culture exposé. Got 92-- and this was the one I finished about 20min before class!
-Freaking participated heaps in Pop Culture. It makes me think, which is crazy isn't it. I'm usually a passive blob in other stuff like law. Today's class was about reality TV and during the exposé I was thinking up ideas for new shows. Afterwards, the teacher asked that very question! They're good ideas too.
-Unusually interesting classes all round actually. Well, mainly just Psych and French. French lang was hilarious this week- the teacher brought in French music and was bopping along! She's so cute, I love her.
-Law is shithouse as usual, but we had a fire alarm on Wednesday. Yay!
-Bought 30, yes 30 books from the uni 2nd-hand book sale. FOR FIVE BUCKS. THE LOT. I spent a lot of time digging around cos it seemed like only the dregs were left (Mills & Boon, decade-old textbooks on Medical Oncology and other such tantalising finds). I was about to leave when I found the poetry & drama section. Seems like no one's interested in them cos I got a dozen decent anthologies (for school-aged children, but I have no pride).
-Had deelish gelato today. Coffee + caramel + chocolate. Mmmm.
-Saw "Little Fish" last night. Cate Blanchett speaking Viet! Good movie, the sort that isn't that impressive at first but sort of lingers in your mind. I liked the kick of cultural recognition- Viet karaoke, music, all that. Things you never get to see onscreen. And of course, bloody fantastic acting- Hugo Weaving, Cate, Sam Neill. And Martin Henderson - Darcy in Bride & Prej - playing a drug-dealing amputee... weird! Dustin Nguyen was good too, but his Viet-Aussie-Canadian accent was a bit bugging.
-Getting excited about exchange! Have more or less decided on Sciences Po.
Lowlights:
-Must get wisdom tooth out soonish. Dentist guy was all depressed today, telling me how uni days are the best days of your life and it's all boredom and hard work when you're old.
-Got 12/20 for Government assignment. He said I wrote well (yay) and had potential but needed to do more critiquing. This was the one I started at midnight the day it was due. Not all things in uni can be bluffed, apparently. Oh well, I deserved it. Heh, the comment so suits me though.
-Am really starting to dislike law teacher. He was telling all of use who hadn't started yet on the sassignments that we were dumbasses. Fair enough. But man, his soapboxing. Get an opinion column already.
-Aforementioned Psych report. Why did I have to get the boringest topic ever? Attentional capture via sudden-onset stimuli. FFS, if Med is like this, I'm absconding from my UWA interview.
-Scary prospect of double law+govt assignments due after the break. Yuk.
Not a bad balance, overall.
# posted at 10:21 pm
Comments:
Post a Comment