Thursday, March 17, 2005
Strange bed(room)fellows
Check out my new posters which are transforming my room into something less Mum and a bit more moi. Exhibit A: Amelie Poulain in Japanese. There is a danger in hanging up posters in languages one doesn't understand - for all I know, it could say "Fuck me please". My friend with one year of Year 8 Jap tells me it just says "Ameri" though indeed that could mean something evil involving poles and orifices, I don't know. Anyway I like the red.Exhibit B is "Lunch on a skyscraper", which is kind of random and weird. In other words, perfecto.
And finally, Exhibit C, Renoir's Le Moulin de la Galette is one I found at the Central Station discount bookshop for, wait for it, ONE BUCK. It's enormous- a blank piece of cardboard that size would even cost more than a buck. Anyway, this was an impulse purchase. I wasn't planning to have any Impressionist art in my room since I remembered reading somewhere that in the 50's and 60's all these repressed suburban housewives hung Van Gogh's Sunflowers in their kitchens...but it was pretty and ohsocheap. So just call me Martha Stewart and slap on an apron.
# posted at 9:31 pm
Comments:
Post a Comment