Friday, January 21, 2005

Nix, nada, zilch 

Yours truly's med application has been r.e.j.e.c.t.e.d by a total of four universities. All that money, time, hope and STRESS STRESS STRESS for nothing. I went to goddamned Perth. I went to stupid Newcastle two days before my final law exam.

I rang up UWA and they told me there's just about no chance of a second round offer. One thing, actually two things, the lady said will probably haunt me for a long time: "you didn't put down bonded" and "you were quite close". What if...

I'm not sure, though, if I'm disappointed because I'm so used to getting what I want (the trick is wanting what's attainable), or because I actually wanted to do med. It's probably the former. While I was attracted to the adventure of going interstate and having another go at the making friends thing, the actual studying part kinda scared me shitless. I had a look at some med texts, and the language-y, fluffy-humanities-y part of me shat itself.

So I'm kinda glad. If I suddenly find out that med is my true vocation, I can try again next year, or brave the 9-hour GAMSAT and grad interviews when I finish my BA in a couple of years (godwilling). Or who knows, by then I might have a fire in my belly to become an ambulance-chaser after all.

I'm leaving for Vietnam next Thursday, so no posting for about a month. I'll try to keep a lo-tech blog (ie. a journal on paper- how quaint!) and repost my impressions of going to The Glorious Motherland.

# posted at 1:22 pm

Comments: Post a Comment